In order to assist with admission, House of Hope staff will, whenever possible, conduct personal interviews with potential residents. We also conduct in-reach through correspondence and offer a toll free contact line. Some of the conditions considered for acceptance to the facility include:
- no or limited institutional charges and none which may be described as severe in nature;
- the client has not used violence against correctional staff;
- the client has community support and defined parole plans;
- the client has participated in correctional programming to address his criminogenic risk factors;
- the client has not re-offendeded on any past conditional release(s);
- the client is not associated with a level of media attention that might jeopardize the confidentiality and privacy of the other residents;
- the client has the support of their CMT (Case Management Team); and
- the client can follow set rules and is motivated to change his lifestyle.
All applicants should apply in writing to the facility.